Traffic Operations Manager
Paramount is a global media and entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world. Employing over 1,700 people locally, and a further 25,000+ globally, we deliver premium content through multiple platforms for the young (and the young at heart of course!).
We pride ourselves on creating content that gets people talking. What’s more, you’ll find all these great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Bold, 10 Peach, Nickelodeon), our digital platform 10 Play that also includes a vast array of Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV known as FAST (including numerous MTV and Nickelodeon channels), and our subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
This is a permanent full-time role based in BRISBANE (hybrid work model available)
Enough about us! What you’ll do as Traffic Operations Manager:
As the Traffic Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading the Traffic Operations team within in a vital department responsible for producing the daily commercial broadcast schedule for our linear channels, with the focus being to maximise revenue through the management and delivery of commercial inventory and working closely with the Sales team.
Functions will also include:
- Implementing and managing processes and procedures, ensuring workflows are efficient and accurate.
- Determining training & development needs for the team.
- Ensuring all day-to-day traffic responsibilities are completed meeting required deadlines.
- Providing support to the Sales team to ensure campaign requirements are met.
- Rostered on-call for weekends as required.
- Coaching and mentoring staff in a fast-paced environment
What are we looking for in a Traffic Ops Manager? What’s important?
- Experience managing a team successfully in a similar high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience working with data entry systems.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership skills, calm under pressure and a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage the performance of team members and identify areas for growth and development.
- Strong problem-solving and lateral thinking skills
- Experience in a broadcast environment advantageous but not essential
- Strong communication skills and confident in working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to be on-call as required.
Extra points for the following, but not necessarily required:
- Experience in media is not essential, but you should have managed a team in a similar environment which may include call centre, customer service, data management, etc.
We could just list the numerous benefits our employees avail of every day. However, for now we'll just leave you with how our employees feel about us:
- 92% of our employees stated they would highly recommend Paramount to a friend (Glassdoor)
- We hold a 4.1 STAR RATING, by far the highest rating in the media sector (Seek Company Profiles)
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world’s oldest living cultures.
At Paramount, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate’
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence.
Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.