Traffic Operations Coordinator
Paramount is a global media and entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world. Employing over 1,700 people locally, and a further 25,000+ globally, we deliver premium content through multiple platforms for the young (and the young at heart of course!).
We pride ourselves on creating content that gets people talking. What’s more, you’ll find all these great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Bold, 10 Peach, Nickelodeon), our digital platform 10 Play that also includes a vast array of Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV known as FAST (including numerous MTV and Nickelodeon channels), and our subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
We’re now looking for a highly organised and eager-to-learn person for the role of Traffic Operations Coordinator in our Brisbane office.
This is a permanent part-time role (19 hours per week)
What you’ll do as a Traffic Operations Coordinator:
Working in a vital department which is responsible for producing the daily commercial broadcast schedule, the focus is on maximising revenue through the management and delivery of commercial inventory and working closely with the Sales team.
Functions will also include:
- Providing high level of service to Sales to maximise their ability to generate revenue
- Checking the commercial schedule to identify & resolve conflictions before passing to On-Air for transmission
- Checking commercial placement to ensure it meets classification requirements set out in the ABA Code of Practice
- Being willing & able to be helpful, friendly and an open communicator
- Working collaboratively with the Material, Formatting and Sponsorships teams in all day to day operations.
What are we looking for? What’s essential?
- An amazing attitude and impressive attention to detail
- A true customer focused approach to meeting our clients’ expectations
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage your workload effectively
- A willingness to learn and take direction
- Superstar skills with all things MS Office and complex data entry
- A fantastic sense of humour, calm nature, friendly personality, and pride in your work
We could just list the numerous benefits our employees avail of every day. However, for now we'll just leave you with how our employees feel about us:
- 92% of our employees stated they would highly recommend Paramount to a friend (Glassdoor)
- We hold a 4.1 STAR RATING, by far the highest rating in the media sector (Seek Company Profiles)
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world’s oldest living cultures.
At Paramount, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate’
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence.
Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.
We embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.