Systems Analyst - Magna Australia
This is your chance to work with a Global Media Organisation and two of the most awarded Australian Agencies, Initiative and UM. Join our collaborative and innovative Performance Team, leading the media systems support function.
MAGNA is the centralized IPG Mediabrands resource that develops intelligence, investment and innovation strategies for agency teams and clients. We utilize our insights, forecasts and strategic relationships to provide clients with a competitive marketplace advantage.
The Performance team provides leadership and expertise across all areas of Reporting, Media Systems, Benchmarking, and Accountability. We work as part of Magna to empower the agencies in their investment decisions. We now rely more than ever on our systems, which power every step of the media management process, and underpin our ability to drive efficient and effective media planning and buying.
About the role
Working in Magna’s Product & Innovation pillar, the Media Systems Analyst enables the ongoing administration and management of our main media systems and tools through Magna and the entire Mediabrands business.
Reporting to the National Systems Director, the Media Systems Analyst works with the team to maximise operating efficiency and compliance for our media trading systems. This role is a main liaison support between agency traders and our media systems, empowering the agencies through a more effective use of our tools.
- Have at least 2 years media agency buying, media finance or media systems experience
- Expertise in process management, preferably with an IT ticketing system
- Knowledge and interest in media management process from planning, buying, finance, reporting and delivery
- Capable and interested in learning about all media industry tools
- Well organised with strong attention to detail and numeracy skills
- An effective communicator with good engagement skills
- Can think broadly, see both sides, and resolve problems easily
- Keen to learn and develop, and contribute to a culture of excellence
- A team player who works collaboratively, accepts support when offered and reciprocates to others
Your Technical Skills
- Expert knowledge of MediaOcean’s SMD software
- Capable with all main industry buy side tools and systems, such as e-tam, Nielsen Online, Mediawise, TV Map and Curv8ture
- Experience with analytics and data visualisation programs
- Advanced Excel skills
What you will be doing
- You act as the first point of contact for requests, issues and problems on IPG Mediabrands non-proprietary agency tools, via Media Analytics helpdesk ticket system.
- Respond to daily systems and tools queries, troubleshooting and solving where practical, and escalating as required
- Work with Systems Director to ensure best in class usage of SMD and support product development initiatives and roadmap
- Work with media finance, agency reporting leads and with client teams to drive more efficient process, ensuring accuracy in setup and implementation
- Organise new starter access, new logins, or tools training sessions for agency teams, and provide quotes or data reports where required from systems vendors
- Provide all administration support for Mediabrands main media buying and finance system, (currently SMD), including new medium codes, creditor codes, finance and compliance obligations. Also data uploads, file management and support
Health & Happiness Perks
- Birthday leave - because no one should have to work on their birthday!
- Up to an additional week (leave +) on top of annual leave
- 1x mental health day off per quarter
- 4pm finish on Summer Fridays
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement
- Culture initiatives - clubs, social drinks, regular events
- Vibrant, modern office space near Central Rail Station
- Wellness initiatives - gym, meditation sessions, EAP, Mental Health First Aid
- Up to 16 weeks parental leave and super paid for up to 12 months
Interested? Click apply, and tell us why you think you would succeed with Magna enclosing your CV.
We value unique backgrounds and experiences to encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQ+, people of all ages, people with disabilities, and people who are culturally and linguistically diverse are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.