Paramount is a global media and entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world. Employing over 1,700 people locally, and a further 25,000+ globally, we deliver premium content through multiple platforms for the young (and the young at heart of course!).
We pride ourselves on creating content that gets people talking. What’s more, you’ll find all these great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Bold, 10 Peach, Nickelodeon), our digital platform 10 Play that also includes a vast array of Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV known as FAST (including numerous MTV and Nickelodeon channels), and our subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
This is a permanent full-time role based in our SYDNEY newsroom.
As a Sr Journalist with 10 News first you will organize news coverage, originate, research and produce news stories.
Functions will also include:
- generating story ideas from scratch through to broadcast
- often working under extreme time pressures and to meet multiple daily deadlines
producing clear and accurate copy editing and producing as required
What are we looking for in a Sr Journalist? What’s important?
- Ideally 5+ years of experience as a television News Journalist (strong track record in daily radio, digital or print could be considered for the right person)
- solid news judgement, logistically savvy
- strong communication skills
- ability to make decisions under extreme pressure
- extensive understanding of local, national and international issues and a strong
- willingness to embrace the concept of supplying content for multiple audiences across different platforms
- Knowledge of ENPS and non-linear editing is a bonus
- Ability to work across different shifts and/or some weekends is essential
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world’s oldest living cultures.