Sales Executive - Metro TV
Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment. We pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want – across Publishing, Broadcasting and Digital.
Nine’s assets include the 9Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, Drive, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investment in Domain Group.
Our Purpose: We shape culture by sparking conversations, challenging perspectives, and entertaining our communities.
We bring people together by celebrating the big occasions and connecting the everyday moments. Australia belongs here. We bring our purpose to life via three shared values: We walk the talk, turn over every stone and keep it human.
The Metro TV Agency Sales Executive is the primary day-to-day contact for media planners/buyers, and is ultimately responsible for delivering exceptional customer service.
Day to day you will:
- Create targeted advertising proposals based on briefs received from media agencies
- Understand market trading conditions and negotiate on casual business in conjunction with the Group Business Manager
- Conduct regular WIP meetings with key agency contacts as well as weekly forecast reporting
- Develop business within the account, identify opportunities to up-sell, cross-sell and grow budgets
- Work collaboratively with Nine Digital, Powered and Sports Sales on integrated responses
- Respond to agency requests efficiently and keeping contacts up to date on progress
You will be a solid team player, who shows commitment to the team's purpose and effectively contributes and shares skills/knowledge with others. You’ll have an ability to absorb information and act accordingly.
You will be proactive in discussing solutions and raising ideas for improvement in a positive and professional way, allowing you to build strong relationships.
What we would like to see on your resume:
- A background in media advertising sales, marketing or media agency (essential)
- Driver's license & car (essential, parking available onsite)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to learn new system processes quickly and work efficiently
- Ability to prioritise, organise and co-ordinate activities so that deadlines are met
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point skills
- Ability to proactively identify revenue generating opportunities
- Ability to manage a pipeline of business and accurately forecast revenue
Being part of our Nine Sales team means you will benefit from:
- Competitive Sales Incentive Scheme that rewards and recognises performance & success.
- Sales Academy – our bespoke training and development program for Sales.
- Complimentary subscriptions to all our platforms including Sydney Morning Herald, AFR, The Age, Brisbane Times and WA today.
- Exclusive invitations to Nine Events – whether you are a fan of Ninja Warrior or the NRL, it could be you sitting in the audience!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Work rights: Please note to apply for this role you must already have the right to lawfully work and live in Australia.