The Performance Manager is a client-facing role focused on delivering best in class performance campaigns across some of Australia's most exciting brands.
You would be accountable for creating and implementing integrated performance strategies across Paid Search (Google Ads and Microsoft Ads), Social (Meta, Pinterest and TikTok) and Retail Media including Amazon Ads, Cartology and MixIn, to name a few partners.
We are obsessed with delivering effectiveness from our paid media, so this role will require you to work closely with our SEO team, and the rest of the Hatched Sydney team. This role reports into the Performance Director.
What are the key responsibilities of the role?
- Own the media performance process from activation (setup and trafficking) to converting (optimisation and reporting) of campaigns
- Setting up and optimising campaigns across paid search and paid social
- Develop a thorough understanding of your client’s business and their key objectives
- Manage your own workflow and responses to ensure agreed deadlines are met, and we are aligning with specific service level agreements
- Manage the ongoing testing and optimisation of ad copy, targeting and bid strategies to deliver the best outcome that is aligned with your client’s business goals (ROAS, revenue, conversion rate)
- Provide comprehensive and articulate reporting to illustrate performance insights around current and future growth opportunities to clients.
- Keep up to date with performance marketing best practices, strategies and techniques across all digital channels.
- Develop strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including clients and partners.
What experience do you need to have?
- A thorough understanding of Search & Social bid strategies tailored to ROAS and revenue KPIs (eCommerce and retail clients)
- Experience with digital reporting - analyse data, make optimisation decisions and clearly articulate it to clients (Hatched uses Looker Studio for reporting)
- A thorough understanding of the Google Tag Manager and META Pixels to be able to set up tracking and conversion goals
- Google Analytics 4 (you don’t need to be an expert but be able to find and read data)
- Campaign Manager (Preferred but not essential)
What team and people experience are needed to be successful in the role?
- Able to work independently and autonomously on projects as and when required
- To be a team player, with a can-do attitude and the ability to collaborate with the entire team
- Strong passion for learning & grow in the performance/eCommerce space
- Experience managing clients' expectations and excellent communication skills
- A high attention to detail with good organisational and project management skill
Hatched Media is an Australian-owned, independent media agency. Our passion is for the craft of modern media, blended with imagination to deliver effective outcomes.
We focus on three key pillars:
- Care:We prioritise workplace culture above all else. Happy team = Happy clients
- Craft:From market leading innovation to key market relationships, we sweat the small stuff and are head and shoulders above the rest.
- Commerce:We are retail media experts, analysing your full customer experience beyond just paid media.
We are proud to say we are a Google Premier Partner in 2023 sitting alongside the top 3% of Australian and New Zealand performance agencies.
What's in it for you?
- Award-Winning Full-Service Communications Agency:
- #2 AFR’s Best Places to work 2022
- Mumbrella Media Agency of the year – Winner 2022
- Mumbrella Award People & Culture – Finalist 2022
- B&T Media Agency of the Year – Finalist 2022
- B&T Women in Media People & Culture – Winner 2022
- AdNews Media Agency of the year – Finalist 2022
- Modern office at The Commons, Surry Hills. The office space is dog friendly, with modern amenities, an onsite café, weekly meditation and wellness sessions, and a cinema that has weekly screenings
- 10-minute walk from Central Station, with a bus stop right out front
- Tier-1 Clients Campaigns to work on
- Structured Personal Development Plans and highly engaged senior management
- 5 days of well-being leave which is over and above your annual leave