Native Application Developer
Paramount is a global media & entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world. Employing over 1,700 people locally, and a further 25,000+ globally, we deliver premium content through multiple platforms for the young (and the young at heart of course!).
We pride ourselves on creating content that gets people talking. What’s more, you’ll find all these great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Bold, 10 Peach, Nickelodeon), our digital platform 10 Play that also includes a vast array of Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV known as FAST (including numerous MTV and Nickelodeon channels), and our subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
This is a permanent full-time role based in SYDNEY (hybrid work model available)
Enough about us! What you’ll do as Native App Developer:
As the Native App Developer you will be responsible for updating and maintaining the front-end of the 10 Play app for Android TV / Mobile, Fire TV, tvOS, iOS, Xbox and any new / future platforms.
Functions will also include:
- Work collaboratively with backend, design and product teams to implement new features on the front end for any supported platform
- Monitor crash analytics and implement fixes that improve app stability
- Review code and help the team maintain a higher standard of quality
- Stay up to date with technology and help improve the product quality
What are we looking for in a Native App Developer? What’s most important?
- At least 3 combined years working on iOS and Android platforms
- Proficiency with Swift or Objective C and Java or Kotlin as well as using IDEs like Xcode and Android Studio
- Ability to learn new things quickly (learning how to use C++ and CMake will be expected in the role)
- Having a strong ability to solve any problems by being resourceful and tenacious
- Strong communication skills are also required to liaise with different teams
We could just list the numerous benefits our employees avail of every day. However, for now we'll just leave you with how our employees feel about us:
- 92% of our employees stated they would highly recommend Paramount to a friend (Glassdoor)
- We hold a 4.4 STAR RATING, by far the highest rating in the media sector (Seek Company Profiles)
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world’s oldest living cultures.
At Paramount, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate’
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence.
Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.