Media Planner & Buyer
Mediahub is one of the three major global media agencies within IPG Mediabrands with over 1100 employees worldwide. We are an award-winning agency, named Media Agency of the Year by Adweek, Ad Age, and Campaign. Our Australian office was recently voted the country's Best Small Agency.
Built for brands who are challenging and disrupting the status quo, our organisation is focused on challenging all facets of marketing in an environment of rapid change in order maximize our clients’ paid media investments. We are challenging key fundamentals like audience creation, purpose, creativity, and digital platforms.
About the role
This role is primarily focused on running the management and delivery of multi-channel media campaigns across multiple clients and brands. It requires a can-do approach and the ability to spearhead and drive a project forward independently. Depending on the size this could be all the way from brief to implementation response, managing media plans and extending to booking and implementation of schedules.
- Participate in the agency’s response to media briefs, across the full range of online and offline media channels, developing innovative and industry leading media plans for all clients
- Continually push the bar for more creative, innovative media solutions
- Suggest and introduce relevant media and marketing technologies that can help gain clients’ a competitive edge
- Brief media owners effectively to deliver best in class media solutions for our clients
- Constantly update and optimise the media plan and communicate changes and their implications to clients
- Buying, reporting and invoicing
- Ensure that the media buying delivers on the media plan and strategy
- Negotiates media positions to ensure best in market rates
Regularly optimises activity across all channels
- Ensures reporting is happening on time and to client specification
- Manages coordinator to ensure invoicing happens on time and manages four-way check between MBA, Media Plan, IO’s and loaded activity
- Manages budget reconciliation
Excellence in Client Service
- Work to understand your client’s pressures and internal demands to ensure Mediahub is responding to their needs and shaping our service delivery around them
- Establish a high level of trust with clients
- Have a solid understanding of Mediahub’s disciplines
- Ensure the agency’s output is always of the highest quality
- Ensure contact reports are sent after every meeting with the client
- Adhere to the agency’s service level agreements
- Be on time for, and professional in, everything you do, be that meeting a client; delivering to timescales; actively participating, using the right tone; protecting the client’s information / IP or Mediahub’s
- Be building your communication and presentation skills in all forms (in-person, email, over the phone)
- Be passionate about media and communications
- Complete Timesheets and WIP status documentation in a timely manner
- Proactively contribute to a positive team atmosphere and company culture
Why join us?
- The opportunity to work for one of the largest and most progressive global media agency networks
- Bonus annual leave program
- Industry-leading parental leave policy
- Hybrid working (WFH + work from office in Surry Hills)
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives
- Inclusive, kind and collaborative company culture
Interested? Tell us why you think you would succeed with Mediahub enclosing your CV & Cover letter and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We value unique backgrounds and experiences to encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQ+, people of all ages, people with disabilities, and people who are culturally and linguistically diverse are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.