IT Support Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career. The IT Support Engineer is primarily responsible for the day-to day facilitation of the service desk and our business systems continuity. This role will also support projects in both corporate and some broadcast aspects of Gravity’s work.
Providing a high level of customer service to all internal and external clients is crucial. You will assist with the smooth running of all software, computer, storage, and networking. Problem solving and troubleshooting when necessary, liaising with relevant stakeholders and maintaining a high level of professionalism.
This is a full-time position primarily situated at our Artarmon office, with an expectation for the successful candidate to also work at our other locations, such as our Mascot office, as necessary.
THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise, and efficient delivery. Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for an IT Support Engineer to join our team in our Artarmon office in Sydney.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
- Proactively identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Provide frontline technical support to end users covering approved software, hardware, and mobile devices
- Management of end user device stock levels and ordering of approved equipment
- Assistance with physical installations of servers and network equipment
- Implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation
- Conducting regular system audits
- Participating in regular operational updates or reports with technical departments
- Co-ordinating and determining timeframes for IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages
- Reporting on allocation of IT budget
- Administering change control
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Participation in project work with infrastructure and broadcast teams
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Microsoft 365 administration
- Active Directory
- Oversight of the Service desk
- Proficiency in preparing and delivering written reports as required;
- At least 2 Years experience and a Technical Support or similar role
- Extensive experience in the support of Client Windows Operating Systems
- Experience Administrating and Maintaining Active directory in a Small or Mid-Sized organisation
- Experience with Office 365 Administration
- Experience troubleshooting end user applications in a corporate setting
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Exposure to Windows Server Operating Systems
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or Similar degree
- Exposure to Hypervisors
- Knowledge of Networking and Network Engineering Concepts
- Exposure to Linux
- PowerShell & Bash scripting capabilities
- Knowledge of system monitoring and remote management toolsets.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of Intune and Autopilot.
- Knowledge of Windows Server
- Broadcast or media experience, particularly networking in broadcast facilities and streaming video preferred but not essential
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong Organisational and time management skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about emerging IT technologies.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
MORE ABOUT US
Gravity Media is a new company with a 30-year pedigree, formed by the coming together of four established broadcast and production houses. Operating across six countries worldwide, with a team of over 500 people, we’re always on the lookout for great new talent. Our teams come from all walks of life but have one thing in common: a passion for the industry and a dedication to customer service. So, if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career in broadcast and entertainment, we’d love to talk to you.
Gravity Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At this stage, only applicants with permanent work rights in Australia can be considered.