Who are we?
Southern Cross Austereo is Australia’s leading media entertainment company, home of LiSTNR and the Triple M & HIT network. With the ability to reach 95% of the population through our Radio, TV and Digital channels, our mission is to Entertain, Inform & Inspire all Australians Anytime. Anywhere!
In 2021 we launched LiSTNR, a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand destination. It is home to the Hit & Triple M networks, 25 music stations and over 500 podcasts. LiSTNR is Australia’s #1 podcast network reaching more than 8 million monthly listeners.
About the role
We are on the hunt for a Graphic Designer to join The Studio Team at SCA to provide outstanding creative design with a particular focus on client proposals and pitches.
The Graphic Designer is primarily responsible for interpreting briefs from key SCA stakeholders, developing a visual representation of the concept and designing the key assets for pitch including key visuals, basic animations, concept collateral, presentation templates and other pitch elements.
This role sits within the Studio creative team and requires a conceptual and creative thinker who loves to visualise concepts and has a passion for increasing the standard of design across all client communication solutions.
Let us tell you about the team and who you’ll be working with. This role sits within the tight-knit team called ‘The Studio’, which is all about using insight-led ideation and dynamic media assets (audio, digital, social, podcasting, events and talent endorsement to name a few) to deliver compelling campaigns for brands.
Within this role, you’ll work alongside a group of talented people who interpret media and communication briefs from a vast array of clients/brands, create compelling idea led media campaigns that leverage the power of audio at its core, package and pitch these ideas to make them pop, and then deliver beyond expectation.
From big national brands to the small businesses that are the backbone of the Australian economy, this role offers unrivalled creative diversity across products, brands and consumer categories.
The role and its traits:
- Creative – If you love working with different clients, brands and visual styles to figure out the best way to communicate a concept, then this role could be for you!
- Innovating – Trying new things excites you and you love the idea of working with a new concept every single day to quickly figure out a design style and how you can align multiple brands together.
- Style - Strong knowledge of visual design principles and a keen interest in keeping up to date with design trends and industry styles
- Time Management – You are organised, productive and you can multi-task to manage multiple jobs and stakeholders effectively.
- Flourish with Feedback - You take feedback, you learn from it, and understand its intention for growth.
- Team Spirit – You are motivated by the greater good of the team and thrive from collaborating, riffing and problem-solving with people.
What we're looking for:
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in a creative agency, design agency or other relevant design role.
- Tertiary qualifications in subjects related to design or advertising are preferred. Graphic Design graduate preferred.
- Strong knowledge of visual design principles.
- Full knowledge of Adobe suite including strong skills in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Ability to create high quality PowerPoint design templates, campaign mocks and design elements (e.g. vectors, icons etc) to be used in PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on both a PC and Mac environments.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work with a team to produce the best work possible for SCA’s brands and clients.
- Understanding of presentation skills and layout for clear communication
What’s on offer for you?
- Permanent position based out of our vibrant Melbourne office
- Training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, birthday leave, volunteer leave, concert tickets, footy tickets, social events – PLUS much more!
- Industry leading and gender neutral Paid Parental Leave Policy which offers 20 weeks paid parental leave for a primary carer.
- Award-winning, highly supportive and creative culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Flexible & hybrid working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options to help our people balance work and home life).
- Attractive salary package and opportunities for growth & progression – we love to promote internally across our 65 offices!
We are a values driven organisation - if you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a great addition to SCA.
- We’re Better Together
- People are our Power
- Always Curious
- We Push Doors Open
- Be Genuine