Ready for a new and exciting opportunity to start 2024? Join a Global Media Organisation that’s all about innovation and encourages career development and growth. If you are looking for part-time flexibility this role would be perfect!
Mediahub is one of the three major global media agencies within IPG’s Mediabrands with over 1100 employees worldwide. We are an award-winning agency, named Media Agency of the Year by Adweek, Ad Age, and Campaign. Our Australian office was recently voted the country's Best Small Agency.
About the role
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Accountant is responsible for completing the financial and management reporting requirements with integrity, accuracy, and timeliness. These completed accurate financial and management reports facilitate the stakeholders in the business being able to make insightful financial decisions and organisational direction to ensure the company’s growth and improved performance.
In addition, the Financial Accountant will perform the required variance commentary reporting to Regional Controllers and ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC requirements and global parent company standard policies & procedures.
What you will be doing
- Ensure Revenue and cost recognition is aligned with IPG’s Standard Policies & Procedures
- Ensure all jobs are fully reviewed/reconciled/closed on a timely manner.
- Ensure all internal management reports are completed accurately and timely with a clear understanding of the data driving the report results. This includes staff cost ratio, client profitability, utilization and billability.
- Ensure all financial reporting is completed both accurately and timely. This includes P&L reporting, reviewing, and analysing balance sheet reconciliations and variance commentary.
- Work with Finance manager to complete Monthly & Quarterly reporting (both actuals and forecasts).
- Be a trusted and knowledgeable source of information to all departments who can provide a pragmatic financial perspective.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of all general ledgers and supporting ledgers.
- Work closely with AR/Collections function to regularly review Accounts Receivable balances and assist with any collection issues to maximize working capital and available cash flow.
Internal Processes and Controls:
- Help implement on-going agency wide training programme on top SP&Ps.
- Ensure all accounting items are compliant with internal financial policies, procedures, controls, and systems.
- Assist with collating audit samples requested by external Auditors as well as Internal SOX audit team and the overall delivery of all audit requirement.
- Facilitate the company’s compliance with partners and systems.
- Identification of best practices and processes.
Financial Systems and Processes:
- Have a good understanding of our financial systems, their features, their functionality, and their limitations.
- Identify (where applicable) inefficiencies in our internal processes and assist in development of adaptations to process.
- Work with non-finance staff to promote a functional understanding of financial processes, the relevant functions of our back office and the Vantage system.
- Ensure non-finance teams are trained in and compliant with internal financial processes (to include job estimates, purchase orders, billing requirements and persuasive evidence for revenue recognition)
What we need from you
- Ability to see different perspectives and drive satisfactory outcomes.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of US and Australian GAAP
- Problem solving
- Relationship Building within local agency and regional reporting team members and with key clients and suppliers.
- Interpersonal skills
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing business requirements and 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- SAP, SMD and Hyperion understanding and working knowledge is advantageous.
Why join us?
- The opportunity to work for one of the largest and most progressive global media agency networks
- Bonus annual leave program
- Industry-leading parental leave policy
- Hybrid working (WFH + work from office in Surry Hills)
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives
- Inclusive, kind and collaborative company culture
Interested? Click apply, and tell us why you think you would succeed with Mediabrands enclosing your CV & Cover letter.
We value unique backgrounds and experiences to encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQ+, people of all ages, people with disabilities, and people who are culturally and linguistically diverse are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.