Commercial Finance Analyst
The purpose of this role is to assist the Commercial Finance team in delivering timely and accurate information to the business through analysis of business unit performance. The role will utilise financial analysis techniques to provide insight, analysis and trends on critical business issues impacting the day-to-day performance of a business unit for consideration by senior stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to be part of delivering the strategic direction of the organisation and work closely with the Business Partner in delivering on strategy, revenue and profit targets.
- Deliver management reporting and forecasting each month including communication of key business insights and drivers.
- Contribute to preparation of the budgeting & forecasting process including in-depth analysis of revenue streams, costs base and risks and opportunities. Analyse consolidated budgets and forecasts, and provide interpretation and guidance
- Support the Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner in assisting and delivering required strategic commercial outputs and projects aligned to the business plan in agreement with the aligned cluster leadership.
- Partner with senior management within brands providing high quality commercial finance support.
- Work with business leaders to understand short, medium and long-term resource requirements and impact on forecast.
- Apply best practice and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Identify and drive operational improvement through analysis of financial plans, management information and performance. Provide interpretation of financial analysis to enable business areas to make key decisions and achieve targets.
- Provide perceptive management insight including reviewing standard management reports, monthly accounts, journals, reporting commentary, management presentations & ad hoc reporting as required by the Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner and business leaders.
- Review new client set up to ensure remuneration elements correctly recorded.
- Preparation of ongoing client profitability and working with Brand leaders to improve client remuneration where possible.
- Work with the Financial Control team to finalise the monthly financial statements.
- Work proactively with the business and Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner to drive process improvement
- Any ad hoc tasks which may be required by Commercial Finance and the business
When you join dentsu, Asia Pacific’s largest and most awarded Agency Network, whichever of our brands you join, you’re becoming part of one team. A team with diverse talents in media, creative content and technology. And one with a shared ambition: to innovate the way brands are built.
Our collaborative and agile ways of working mean you’ll develop versatile skills and be exposed to new and exciting thinking. Combine that with a pioneering spirit aimed at making a positive impact on brands, society and each other – and you’ll soon realise why we’re at the forefront of the digital economy.
Our high performing Finance team is seeking an experienced and motivated Commercial Finance Analyst to join the business on a permanent basis, partnering with the wider Finance team to drive strategic and operational initiatives.
What your typical day will look like:
As the Commercial Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting across the key service lines and central management and functions. You will assist in upholding and continuously looking to improve our brands commercial framework as well as driving commercial outcomes across the group. This opportunity will allow you to get a wider lens of the business from a commercial finance perspective, utilising financial planning, budgeting and analysis techniques to deliver day to day support and provide commentary on insights to trends to key stakeholders.
Other responsibilities include:
Regular monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, analysis of month end numbers and building out a story or narrative of key financial insights and business drivers
Collaborating with the business in building accurate budgets, forecasts, and projections
Maintain FP&A consolidation tools to ensure they have accurate data, support on administrate tasks and provide commentary on consolidated results to Group.
Managing ad hoc requests and reporting
Looking at areas for constant process improvement and BAU's
Partnering with the business and fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders
A bit about you:
2-4 years’ experience working within Commercial Finance, Audit or Accounting with the ambition to take more of a commercial route in finance
Strong background in financial analysis, system-driven projects, business analysis and solutions
Interested about partnering with a business, understanding our product offering, what value we bring to clients and how you can have a positive impact on business outcomes.
Advanced Excel capability, strong in PowerPoint and exposure to adaptive insights, spectra and workbook is a nice to have
Demonstrated experience in creating interactive and dynamic dashboards using PowerBI
Experience using Power Query is essential
What’s in it for you:
Real flexibility to work when and where you feel most productive with our ‘Be the Best You’ policy
5 weeks annual leave after 2 years of service and 3 whole company mental health awareness days off per year
Career Development and Learning & Development opportunities, including access to our global online dentsu University
Save money with great discounts on health insurance, gym membership, buying a car and travel!
Become a champion for meaningful progress:
Our diverse and inclusive culture enables our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be proud of doing so. For us, this is the foundation for great innovation which, in turn, generates better outcomes for our people, partners and communities. This is why we encourage applications from people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Together we make our mark. Together we embrace the true potential of disruption. And together – across all our locations – we help our clients win in a changing world.
If you want to belong to a one global network where opportunities are limitless – we look forward to welcoming you.