Commercial Allocation Coordinator
Paramount is a global media and entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world. Employing over 1,700 people locally, and a further 25,000+ globally, we deliver premium content through multiple platforms for the young (and the young at heart of course!).
We pride ourselves on creating content that gets people talking. What’s more, you’ll find all these great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Bold, 10 Peach, Nickelodeon), our digital platform 10 Play that also includes a vast array of Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV known as FAST (including numerous MTV and Nickelodeon channels), and our subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
This is a permanent full-time role based in BRISBANE (hybrid work model available)
Enough about us! What you’ll do as a Commercial Allocation Coordinator:
In this role you will be working within the Traffic Operations team in Brisbane, bringing your experience as a well-organized and hardworking person to this busy and detail-oriented role. The Traffic team is responsible for producing the daily commercial broadcast schedule for our linear TV channels.
Functions will also include:
- Taking responsibility for the allocation of key numbers to the Client Campaigns
- Liaising with Traffic Operations, Sales, Content Services and On-air Presentation
- Ensuring adherence to client’s instructions for broadcast
- Ensuring that material is on hand and CAD approved
- Building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Checking commercial placement to ensure it meets classification requirements set out in the Code of Practice
What are we looking for in a Commercial Allocation Coordinator? What’s important?
- Experience in a Sales operations or traffic role in a TV network (not essential)
- Experience working with IBMS (not essential), strong Excel & Microsoft suite are required
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise issues
- Ability to work with several different stakeholders with varying agendas and priorities
- Very strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Extra Brownie points for:
- Previous experience in a similar Commercial Allocations role within broadcast television
- A passion for television and Network 10 shows
We could just list the numerous benefits our employees avail of every day. However, for now we'll just leave you with how our employees feel about us:
- 92% of our employees stated they would highly recommend Paramount to a friend (Glassdoor)
- We hold a 4.1 STAR RATING, by far the highest rating in the media sector (Seek Company Profiles)
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world’s oldest living cultures.
At Paramount, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate’
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.