Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment. We pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want – across Publishing, Broadcasting and Digital.
Nine’s assets include the 9Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, Drive, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investment in Domain Group.
Our Purpose: We shape culture by sparking conversations, challenging perspectives, and entertaining our communities.
We bring people together by celebrating the big occasions and connecting the everyday moments. Australia belongs here. We bring our purpose to life via three shared values: We walk the talk, turn over every stone and keep it human.
The role of the Business Manager-Nine Plus is to work closely with the Group Business Director- with key tasks in achieving revenue targets.
Day to day you will:
- Be committed to over achieving both your individual and the team’s monthly revenue targets
- Represent the Nine Plus brand within the market, having a strong and reputable market presence
- Maintain a clear understanding of all of Nine’s wider products spanning Broadcast, Publishing, Radio and Digital
- Present a minimum of 5 weekly pro-active ideas and strategies to generate new business
You will be a solid team player, who shows commitment to the team's purpose and effectively contributes and shares skills/knowledge with others. You’ll have an ability to absorb information and act accordingly.
You will be proactive in discussing solutions and raising ideas for improvement in a positive and professional way, allowing you to build strong relationships.
What we would like to see on your resume:
- Radio Sales Experience (preferred)
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong communication and exceptional presentation skill
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Proven experience in building and maintaining strong relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work in a faced past environment and adapt to change, leading your team through change
Being part of our Nine Sales team means you will benefit from:
- Competitive Sales Incentive Scheme that rewards and recognises performance & success.
- Sales Academy – our bespoke training and development program for Sales.
- Complimentary subscriptions to all our platforms including Sydney Morning Herald, AFR, The Age, Brisbane Times and WA today.
- Brand new offices in the heart of North Sydney – within our building are our news and filming studios where all the action happens - plus views of the Harbour!
- Exclusive invitations to Nine Events – whether you are a fan of Ninja Warrior or the NRL, it could be you sitting in the audience!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Disclaimer: Nine does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Nine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Work rights: Please note to apply for this role you must already have the right to lawfully work and live in Australia.