Paramount is a global media and entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world. Employing over 1,700 people locally, and a further 25,000+ globally, we deliver premium content through multiple platforms for the young (and the young at heart of course!).
We pride ourselves on creating content that gets people talking. What’s more, you’ll find all these great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Bold, 10 Peach, Nickelodeon), our digital platform 10 Play that also includes a vast array of Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV known as FAST (including numerous MTV and Nickelodeon channels), and our subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
This is a permanent FULL-TIME role based in SYDNEY.
Enough about us! What you’ll do as a Business Analyst:
Sitting in the Data and Analytics team in our International Streaming business, the Business Analyst plays an integral role in enabling insights and analytics to support data driven business decision making.
Functions will include:
- Work closely with Marketing, Content, Finance and Partnerships teams in supporting them in their day-to-day business needs including but not limited to designing and creating automated analytical solutions, ad-hoc reporting, and analysis.
- Engage with central technology teams and data engineers to build and monitor solutions for managing any/all performance metrics related to the Australian business.
- Work in tandem with the central analytics team to participate in consumer behaviour modelling, predictive analysis, A/B testing and similar projects specific to the Australian streaming business and/or in support of the overall international streaming organization.
- Strengthen our internal data science capabilities through continuous innovation, building technology, and training & development.
What are we looking for in this Business Analyst role? What’s important?
- At least 3-5 years of experience with data manipulation tools and languages (SQL, Python. R etc.)
- Sound experience with DBT, Snowflake/Redshift
- Demonstrated work experience in a Data Analyst position or otherwise in projects involving big data
- Experience using any Visualization software (preferably Tableau etc.)
- Strong analytical and statistical analysis skills to extract insights and recommendations.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial mindset and resilient spirit with experience navigating cross-functional organizations.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools
- Extra brownie points for the following:
- Domain knowledge of the media/streaming sector
- Experience within a digital, media, subscriptions, consulting, or telco environment
- Experience using Alteryx
We could just list the numerous benefits our employees avail of every day. However, for now we'll just leave you with how our employees feel about us:
- 92% of our employees stated they would highly recommend Paramount to a friend (Glassdoor)
- We hold a 4.1 STAR RATING, by far the highest rating in the media sector (Seek Company Profiles)
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world’s oldest living cultures.
At Paramount, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate’
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence.
Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.