Broadcast Technical Engineer
Gravity Media is the provider of Spidercam aerial camera systems in Australia and New Zealand, delivering innovative solutions to our clients in the sports and entertainment broadcast industry. We are committed to excellence in aerial camera technology and are seeking an experienced Broadcast Technical Engineer to join our operational endeavours.
Reporting to Gravity Media Australia’s Director of Operations, you will play a crucial role in delivering Spidercam to the highest possible standard to our valued customers. You will be responsible for maintaining the operational readiness of the Spidercam equipment, maintaining documentation of systems and procedures, technical project preparation, including but not limited to site surveys, rigging and installation plans, liaising with customers, and fostering key relationships within our organisation, valued clients, external suppliers, and the global Spidercam network.
This is a full-time role based in Mascot and will also require travel to sites around Australia and New Zealand as required.
THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media and Spidercam exist to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Partnering with Spidercam to create Spidercam Australia together we have been servicing the Australian aerial camera market for over a decade. We are driven by client service excellence, we’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise, and efficient delivery.
Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Technical Engineer to join our team in our Mascot office in Sydney.
- Undertake regular maintenance of equipment ensuring systems are fully operational.
- Ensure the effective delivery of Spidercam solutions at events ready for production handover to Spidercam pilots to fly the systems.
- Maintain regular communication with the global Spidercam network to stay up-to-date with technology changes, equipment development and system requirements.
- Strictly follow Work Health and Safety guidelines and practices
- Ensure organisational compliance with legislative, contractual, statutory, and external requirements.
- Planning: Attend Site surveys and prepare detailed project documentation & planning.
- Reporting: Prepare and provide written reports post events and follow through as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A high level of technical knowledge of television equipment and standards;
- Proficiency in preparing and delivering written reports as required;
- A high level of industry knowledge;
- The ability to work collaboratively with team members;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good time management and prioritisation of tasks;
- Passionate, composed in stressful situations, and analytical problem solver;
- Genuine interest in broadcast and new media;
- Flexibility around work hours and schedule demands; and
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Prior experience working in Outside Broadcasting roles beneficial.
- Training on Spidercam systems will be provided.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
MORE ABOUT US
Gravity Media is a new company with a 30-year pedigree, formed by the coming together of four established broadcast and production houses. Operating across six countries worldwide, with a team of over 500 people, we’re always on the lookout for great new talent. Our teams come from all walks of life but have one thing in common: a passion for the industry and a dedication to customer service. So, if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career in broadcast and entertainment, we’d love to talk to you.
Gravity Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are a results-driven professional with a passion for operational excellence and are ready to contribute to the success of Spidercam Australia, we invite you to apply for the Technical Engineer position. Join our team and be part of the future of aerial camera technology.
Visit us at www.gravitymedia.com to see our fantastic team and the amazing work we do!
Only applicants with permanent work rights in Australia can be considered.