Audio & Communications Engineer
Reporting to Gravity Media Australia’s Event Communications Manager, you will be responsible for all audio and communications aspects of Event Communications projects, including the operation and maintenance of complex UHF, intercom and broadcast sound systems on site.
This is a full-time role based in Mascot. The successful candidate will be expected to be deployable on site. The successful candidate will run the day-to-day operations of SportsCom and GRS (Video Ref Solution) for Rugby Australia, which will include preparation of kit, crewing and logistics and be the technical contact for all on site operators during match days.
THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise, and efficient delivery. Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for an Audio & Communications Engineer to join our team in our Mascot office in Sydney.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
- Ensuring all audio and communications equipment required is configured, operational and working;
- Putting measures in place to ensure faultless content capture;
- Conducting regular checks on equipment to ensure quality, working condition and presentation is maintained at all times;
- Completing routine testing, fault finding, ongoing preventative maintenance, coordinating equipment repairs, as well as replacing or providing alternatives to achieve project delivery;
- Providing support to Communications Technicians; and
- Assisting the Warehouse team with maintenance, preparation and general support with preparation and programming of equipment and system documentation.
- Managing client requirements through contract obligations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge and experience with audio and communications formats and systems;
- The right attitude;
- Genuine interest in broadcast and new media;
- Flexibility around work hours and schedule demands; and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
MORE ABOUT US
Gravity Media is a brand-new company with a 30-year pedigree, formed by the coming together of four established broadcast and production houses. Operating across six countries worldwide, with a team of over 500 people, we’re always on the lookout for great new talent. Our teams come from all walks of life but have one thing in common: a passion for the industry and a dedication to customer service. So, if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career in broadcast and entertainment, we’d love to talk to you.
Gravity Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At this stage, only applicants with permanent work rights in Australia can be considered.