Accounts Receivable Officer
Who are we?
Val Morgan Group is a multi-platform media company that extends across Australia and New Zealand. With a network of screens across Cinema, Digital and Out-of-Home, we deliver unique advertising opportunities that give brands the attention they deserve. Through the very best screens, world-class technology, greatest content on the planet, and best employees Val Morgan Group are the market leaders in delivering audience attention and consumer engagement.
We’re currently on the lookout for an Accounts Receivable Officer to join our team based in Sydney CBD. This role will support the sales and finance teams with the timely receipt and reconciliation of payments and investigation of outstanding debts from business clients. This is a 12-month, fixed term contract role.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Allocating inbound payments to debtors using accounting system and other tools
- Investigating unreconcilable payments by contacting debtors
- Providing internal stakeholders with status of debtors, and commentary on material and overdue debts
- Provide customers with copies of debtor statements and prior invoices to assist with the payment of invoices
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a top performer with an understanding of accounting concepts. It’s a fast-paced environment and requires someone who has strong technical capability, proven attention to detail and a 'can do' attitude. We’re also looking for someone with:
- At least 2 years experience in a related role e.g. accounts receivable or accounts payable
- Experience in performing account reconciliations
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Tertiary accounting qualifications (desired)
- Prior experience in debtors role (desired)
Benefits & Culture:
Val Morgan has been making messages memorable since 1894! Movies will always be the topic of conversation as we help brands align with the world’s biggest titles that influence iconic cultural moments. Not only will you be working for a company that deliver blockbuster results, you will also be a part of a fun, passionate, and supportive team. But wait, there’s more:
- Flexible working structure to accommodate for work-life balance
- Sleep in or finish early on your birthday
- 50c HOYTS movie tickets and amazing corporate discounts across retail, healthcare, and banking
- Work with a company who strives for a sustainable future
- Wellbeing & safety support - Sonder access for you and your family!
- Learn from the best! Career progression and training opportunities
- Exciting social events and networking opportunities (did someone say how good our Top Gun Flight Academy Party was?)
Think you’re up for it:
If you would like to join a cohesive team who are passionate about what they do and have a whole lot of fun along the way, then apply now! While we take a look at your application, get to know us through our various social media channels.